I like to think of these loaded roasted potato slices as a slightly healthier version of a loaded baked potato. They just use a little olive oil and there is no butter, so I am calling these healthy-ish. The great thing is they taste like potato skins and they have an amazing soft middle with a crispy outside that is just delicious! They are great as a party appetizer or as a side dish.
Start by scrubbing your potatoes, as we will be leaving the skin on. Then slice them about 1/2-3/4 inches thick. Toss them in a little olive oil and house seasoning.
Spread them out in a single later on a baking sheet. Put a little space between each one so that the air can circulate. This will help them to get crispy. They will bake at 400 for 40 minutes total. Flip them every 10 minutes so they get evenly cooked and do not burn. Then after about 30-35 minutes, when they are looking nice and toasty on each side, top them with cheese. Cook them 5 more minutes, or until the cheese is melted and starting to bubble.
Top with your favorite potato toppings! We did bacon and sour cream for this meal. It would have been so good with green onions also, but I didn’t have any on hand. Still delicious!
Loaded Roasted Potato Slices
- 3 russet potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp house seasoning or 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper, 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1/8 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Scrub russet potatoes and slice 1/2-3/4 inch thick. Toss in olive oil and seasonings.
- Spread out in an even layer on a baking sheet and roast at 400 for about 30 minutes, flipping potatoes every 10 minutes.
- After both sides are golden brown, top with cheddar cheese and bake an additional 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Top with desired toppings and serve.