This easy Sweet Cream Cheese Dip uses just 4 simple ingredients and takes about 2 minutes to make! It is the perfect creamy dip to pair with fresh fruit, pretzels, donut holes, and more!
Why You Will Love This Recipe
Sweet Flavor - Somewhere between a frosting and a glaze, this dip has tangy cream cheese accented by sweet vanilla flavor.
Smooth Texture - This sweet dip recipe has the texture of a sauce, so it is easy to dip fresh apples, summer fruits, and other treats. I love to serve this dip with my Air Fryer Pumpkin Donut Holes. The delicious cheesecake flavor pairs so well with pumpkin!
Simple Recipe - The 4 ingredients for this easy dessert dip are probably already in your kitchen. And it takes a matter of minutes to whip it together.
See the recipe card at the bottom of this post for the full list of ingredients, including measurements.
Cream Cheese: Soften the cream cheese at room temperature so that it mixes up nicely and is fluffy. Cold cream cheese may result in a chunky dip. Reduced fat or Neufchatel cheese can be used. You may need less milk to achieve the right consistency.
Powdered Sugar: This sweetens the dip and also helps with the consistency. Granulated sugar or brown sugar can be substituted, but it will need to be beaten with the cream cheese for an extra long time to dissolve the sugar. Otherwise, your dip would be grainy.
Vanilla Extract: Vanilla flavor balances the ingredients and makes it so delicious!
Milk: Add as much or as little milk to achieve your favorite consistency. You can also use heavy cream if you want a dip with a little more body.
There are 2 steps for this recipe. I told you it was easy!
1. Place the cream cheese and powdered sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Turn your hand mixer to low speed and mix the two ingredients together. (You can also use a stand mixer if you prefer.)
- Once the powdered sugar is completely mixed in you can increase the speed and beat until smooth.
2. Add the vanilla and milk.
- Continue beating an additional minute.
- Fluffy Fruit Dip: Leave out the milk and fold in a cup of stabilized whipped cream or Cool Whip.
- Spreadable Dip: You can also leave out the milk without adding Cool Whip and you will have a thicker dip that you can spread on graham crackers and cookies.
- Flavor Variations: Replace the vanilla extract with ½ teaspoon of almond or lemon extract, or ¼ teaspoon of peppermint extract.
- Citrus Dip: Use orange juice or lemon juice instead of milk.
- Brown Sugar Cinnamon: Replace the powdered sugar with ½ cup of brown sugar and ½ teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- Peppermint Crunch: Follow the above instructions for fluffy fruit dip, but replace the vanilla extract with ¼ teaspoon of peppermint extract and mix in ¼ cup of crushed candy canes.
- Pumpkin Donut Holes
- Whole strawberries
- Apple slices
- Animal Crackers
- Shortbread cookies
- Funnel Cake Bites
- Vanilla Wafers
- Drizzle over quick breads like Cranberry Bread or Pumpkin Bread
This recipe has dairy in it so it needs to be stored in the refrigerator. Place it in an airtight container and it will keep in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Yes, this sweet treat keeps quite well, so it is fine to make it a day or two in advance.
Cream Cheese Dipping SauceRecipe by:
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened (120 grams)
- 1 cup powdered confectioners' sugar (130 grams)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4-6 tablespoons milk (60-120 ml)
- In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese and powdered sugar with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add the vanilla extract and 4 tablespoons of milk and continue beating until smooth.
- To make the dipping sauce thinner, add additional milk a tablespoon at a time.