Roasted nuts are addictive, especially if they are flavored! These roasted coconut curry cashews are a unique twist on the more traditional roasted cashew, and I would argue they are even more addictive! Sweet, spicy, crunchy, earthy – all the best flavors of your favorite curry, combined into a simple snack.
If you make curry very often, you will probably already have these ingredients on hand. I love to make these cashews when I have just a little bit of red curry leftover, but not enough for a whole curry meal. It’s super simple to make! Simply par-roast the cashews, toss them in the curry mixture and then stir in the extra spices. Then spread them all on a sheet pan to finish roasting.
The last 5 minutes or so of roasting, keep an eye on the cashews. They can go from nicely browned to burnt fairly quickly. This is the only tricky part of making these cashews, but as long as you don’t walk away for too long you will be fine.
Eat these cashews by themselves or use in your favorite Asian dish, like this super simple Thai Cashew Chicken.
Coconut Curry Cashews
- 1 cup cashews, raw and unsalted
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp red curry paste
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 pinch coriander
- 1/2 tsp lime zest (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Pour cashews onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Roast in oven for 5 minutes.
- While cashews are roasting, mix together the oil, syrup, curry, and coconut in a medium-sized bowl.In a separate small bowl, mix together all spices.
- Remove cashews from the oven and toss in the curry mixture. Add spices and lime zest and mix well.
- Pour back onto the baking sheet and place back in the oven, roasting for an additional 8-12 minutes, stirring occasionally. Once golden brown, remove from oven and cool.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 weeks.