No-Bake Cherry Pie is an easy dessert with a smooth cream cheese filling, sweet cherry topping, and graham cracker crust. Get the flavor of cheesecake without all of the work. You don't even have to turn on your oven!
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- Balanced Flavor: This recipe has a nice thick filling with twice the cream cheese as many similar recipes. It is still plenty sweet, but with a lower ratio of sweetened condensed milk the tangy cream cheese and bright lemon juice really shine. It's kind of like a no-bake cheesecake but is even better!
- Easy: No-bake desserts are awesome because all that you have to do is mix a few simple ingredients, then chill and serve.
- Make-Ahead: This no-bake pie is best made the day before so that the filling can set. By assembling it ahead of time you don't have to scramble around at the last minute.
- Crowd-Pleaser: This is one of my family's favorite desserts and your family will love it too! It is the perfect dessert for special occasions like holiday gatherings and potlucks!
- Cream Cheese - Use full-fat room temperature cream cheese so that your cheesecake layer is creamy and smooth. Low-fat cream cheese will result in a runny filling.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk - Add sweetness and creaminess with this classic ingredient.
- Lemon Juice - Using citrus juice adds acidity to the cream cheese mixture and balances the sweetness. Lime juice can also be used.
- Cherry Pie Filling - This recipe uses one can of pie filling for convenience, but you can also use your favorite homemade recipe. Customize your pie with different flavors of filling. Blueberry and strawberry are some of my favorite variations.
- Graham Cracker Pie Crust - Just like with my Banana Split Pie, this recipe can be made with a pre-made crust or make your own homemade graham cracker crust. If you want to make your own then check out the instructions in the recipe notes.
Step One: Beat the Cream Cheese
- Use cream cheese that has been softened to room temperature so it becomes light and fluffy when beaten.
- Place the cream cheese in a large mixing bowl and beat on medium-high speed using an electric mixer (either a hand or stand mixer is fine). This will take about a minute if your cream cheese is well softened, and longer if your cream cheese still had some chill to it.
- Make sure there are no cream cheese pieces visible.
Step Two: Add Remaining Ingredients
- Add the sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice, and vanilla extract and blend on low speed until they are fully incorporated.
Step Three: Pour and Chill
- Pour the cream cheese filling into your prepared graham cracker crust and chill in the refrigerator for at least four hours.
Step Four: Top with Cherry Filling
- When you're ready to serve pour the fruit pie filling on top of the pie.
- Make in a 9x13 Pan: This recipe can also be made in a 9x13 pan without any ingredient modifications. Press the graham cracker crumbs into the bottom of the baking dish (it won't go up the sides). Bake the crust at 350°F for 7-8 minutes, then cool completely before spreading on the cream cheese filling.
- Bite-sized desserts: Use a mini muffin tin and follow the notes for making your own graham cracker crust to place in the bottoms of the muffin tins, baking for 5 minutes. Then follow the remaining instructions the same way as the full-size recipe and you'll have bite-size no-bake cheesecakes.
- Various Flavors: You can transform this into a whole new dessert by adding a different topping onto the cream cheese layer. Try ice cream toppings, like chocolate sauce or caramel sauce, or different fruit toppings like strawberry, blueberry, or even peach pie filling. Fresh berries are also a great topper!
- Whipped Cream: All flavor variations, including the original cherry cheesecake pie, are great topped with whipped cream!
- For an easy-to-transport option, you can even make no-bake cheesecake in a jar!
No-Bake Cherry Cream Cheese Pie can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Learn more about how long cheesecake recipes last in the fridge.
Yes, you can wrap individual slices or the whole pie with plastic wrap. Then either wrap it again with aluminum foil or place it in an airtight container. It will keep in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight and add the fruit topping before serving.
Stick your pie in the freezer for 15 minutes before serving. The pie will not be frozen, but the filling will harden enough that you can slice it cleanly. You can also dip a knife into hot water, then wipe it off with a paper towel, between each cut.
Cheesecake is typically thicker than pie and is baked. It is also traditionally prepared in a springform pan. Cream cheese pie is a no-bake dessert made in a pie plate and often has lemon added for a bright flavor.
Let me know how you like this recipe by leaving a review! And follow along on Instagram @stateofdinner for behind-the-scenes and to be among the first to know when new recipes post!
No-Bake Cherry PieRecipe by:
- 1 prepared 9-inch graham cracker crust
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) full fat cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk 397 grams
- ½ cups lemon juice 120 ml
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese on medium-high speed using a stand or hand mixer, until the cream cheese is light and fluffy.
- Reduce your mixer speed to low and slowly add in the sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice, vanilla extract and stir until they are completely mixed in.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture into your prepared graham cracker crust. Place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- When you are ready to serve, pour the cherry pie filling over the center of the pie.
A store-bought graham cracker crust can be used. If you would like to make your own graham cracker crust then mix
- 1 ¼ cups (125 grams) of graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ cup (50 grams) of granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons of melted butter (85 grams)
- ⅛ teaspoon of salt.