Simple to make and flavorful to eat! This air fryer honey sriracha salmon takes less than 30 minutes, including the time for marinating!
This post may contain affiliate links. This means that at no cost to you, I may receive a small commission when you click through and make a purchase.
I call this "the fish recipe for people who don't love fish." My family doesn't really like fish, but they will eat this recipe! And since this is also incredibly easy to prepare, it finds its way to our dinner table quite often.
What Kind of Salmon Should I Use?
The type of salmon you should purchase really depends on what you are looking for. Many who enjoy this recipe aren't big fish fans, and if that is you then you will want to purchase a mild salmon.
Atlantic salmon is often mild and is a great choice for those just entering the world of eating fish. It is usually farm-raised, which means it is not quite as nutrient-dense as its wild Pacific counterpart. If a mild flavor is what you are looking for, look for a light pink filet.
Now if you are one who really enjoys the flavor of salmon then there are some full-flavored options that are great for you! You'll want to look for dark pink, wild Pacific salmon. Many consider King salmon to be the best-tasting. It is high in healthy omega fats and is deep red in color. Sockeye is another deep red fish with full flavor.
Easy trick: If you want a light flavor, look for a light-colored salmon filet. If you want a rich flavor, choose one that is dark in color!
Honey Sriracha Marinade
The sweet and spicy flavors in this marinade are a breeze to whip up! Melted butter, honey, sriracha, lime juice, soy sauce, and garlic all get mixed together.
It doesn't take long for this flavor to saturate the salmon. Just 15-20 minutes and it is ready to cook!
The marinade can even be made ahead of time. Stir it together in the morning before work, then come home and add the salmon. Within 30 minutes of walking in the door, your dinner can be on the table!
Why Use an Air Fryer
I'm generally not a fan of additional appliances in my kitchen. You won't find instant pot recipes from me. I stick with the tried and true. But I really, really love my air fryer!
It is fast, it crisps food up nicely, and it doesn't heat up my kitchen in the summer! This air fryer honey sriracha salmon is divine! And so simple! In 7-10 minutes, you will have flaky, tender salmon that is cooked to perfection!
Salmon should be cooked to an internal temperature of 145°F. Use a thermometer to check the thickest part of the meat, and remove it from the air fryer once it has reached 140°F, as it will continue to rise in temperature as it rests.
What Should I Serve with Salmon?
I like for every dinner to have a little something green, and asparagus is my go to for this dinner. It is also delicious with green beans or Brussels sprouts.
We also always serve it with Savory Coconut Rice. The creaminess of the coconut balances the spiciness of the honey sriracha in the salmon quite beautifully!
Alternative Cooking Option: How to Bake in the Oven
You can still make honey sriracha salmon, even without an air fryer!
Line a baking sheet with foil and set the salmon on top of it. Salt and pepper, to taste. Fold the edges of the foil up around the salmon.
Bake for 15 minutes at 400 degrees. Then turn broiler onto high and broil for 4-5 minutes, or until the edges of the salmon char slightly.
Boil the reserved sauce for 3-4 minutes over medium heat. Top cooked salmon with reserved sauce and cilantro or green onion.
Frequently Asked Questions
It is much easier to remove the skin after the salmon has cooked versus cutting it off the raw salmon. Simply cook it skin-side-down, then peel it fro the flesh before serving.
Honey sriracha chicken is delicious! Allow the chicken to marinate for 30 minutes, then cook in the air fryer on 360 for about 20 minutes, turning it over halfway through the cook-time.
You can also use this sauce with diced chicken or pork, and cooked in a skillet for a stir fry!
You can store your salmon in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
I prefer to enjoy leftover salmon cold, on a salad or a bagel. But if you would like it to be reheated, keep it low and slow. Wrap the salmon in foil and place in the oven at 275°F for 12-15 minutes, or in the air fryer at 320 for 5 minutes.
Other Recipes You May Enjoy
Air Fryer Honey Sriracha Salmon
- 1 lb salmon (or four 4-oz fillets), pins removed
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- ⅓ cup honey
- ⅓ cup sriracha
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro and/or green onion, to garnish
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Mix together the butter, honey, sriracha, soy sauce, lime juice, and garlic in a small bowl.
- Place salmon in a zip top bag. Pour marinade over salmon and seal bag. Press the marinade around the salmon to coat.
- Marinate about 15 minutes, turning periodically to cover all of the salmon.
- Preheat air fryer to 330 degrees for about 3 minutes.
- Remove fish from the marinade (reserving the marinade).
- Spray the inside of the air fryer basket with oil (I like avocado oil spray). Place the salmon in the basket. If using individual fillets, make sure they have some air around them and are not touching. This can be done in batches, if you have a smaller basket.
- Add salt and pepper, to taste. Air fry for 7 minutes, then check doneness. The salmon will be opaque and will flake. Depending on the thickness of the filets, it should take 7-10 minutes to be done.
- Meanwhile, pour the reserved marinade into a small saucepan and simmer over medium heat until it thickens, about 2 minutes. Spoon over salmon and top with cilantro before serving.