Here is a collection of quick dinner ideas that are perfect for when you are in a hurried season of life! With these easy recipes, you can provide a flavorful, healthy dinner for your family on busy weekday nights!
If you've got kids, chances are they are in some kind of extracurricular activity...or multiple activities. And that means that your life is on the go. I've got one child in football and another in soccer, and practice starts at our normal dinner time and goes until bedtime. When are they going to eat?
It's tempting to just drive thru a fast-food restaurant on the way to practice. But that's not your only option! This collection of meals is curated to help you solve the different challenges that arise when feeding your family during a busy season.
- Short on time? Take a look at the meals that can be prepared in 20 minutes or less.
- Have family going in and out all night, and needing to eat at different times? Pick one of the recipes that reheat well.
- Need to eat dinner in the car or at the game? Check out the recipes perfect for enjoying on the go!
20-Minute or Less Meals
For the nights when you have just a little bit of time to cook, I have curated 10 easy dinner recipes that take less than 20 minutes to make from start to finish. These recipes are easy, but pack in lots of flavor, because short on time does not have to mean boring!
Meals That Reheat Well
It can be challenging to serve great food when you have people needing to eat at different times. These next 10 recipes reheat well, so each person can eat when they are ready and still get a hot meal that tastes great!
On the Go Dinners
Let's be real, some nights dinner just cannot be enjoyed around the table. These recipes are easy to pack up and take with you, whether you are eating in the car or at the game.
Time Saving Cooking Tips
- Chop your vegetables in bulk. If you are preparing a recipe that calls for onions, for example, go ahead and chop all of the onions that you need for the next few days.
- If you have time earlier in the day, go ahead and measure out your ingredients. I love these prep bowls and it makes assembling the meal so fast!
- When boiling water, get your tap water hot before adding it to the pan. Then cover the pot with a lid to trap in the heat and allow the water to boil faster.
- Keep your knives sharp. It is a lot faster and easier to chop vegetables with a sharp knife.
- When making pasta, look at the label on the package before purchasing, and choose the brand that has the shortest cooking time. De Cecco Angel Hair Pasta cooks in just 2 minutes, where Barilla Angel Hair takes 5 minutes.
More Easy Recipes
Looking for more easy dinner recipes to add to your menu? Try out some of my family's favorites.